Friday, October 19, 2012

Transfer Day!

So yesterday was the BIG DAY :) We transferred two of the most beautiful blastocysts into Jennifer's uterus to get cozy for a long 9 months. Here is a little recap of how the day went:

Jesse and I put together a bed rest basket for Jennifer to let her know how much we appreciate her. Just for some good luck we added, "IMplantation" mint tea, "Prego" spaghetti sauce, a little "Baby Magic", and of course since we implanted 2 and are hoping both will stick Cheez-It "Duoz".

Here we are just before leaving for the clinic. We made sure we were wearing fertility colors, yellow and green, for good luck.

I love my sister with all my heart and I can't thank her enough for what she is doing for us. She is the most wonderful and amazing sister someone could ever ask for.

 Here we are!!

Here's our blasts in the dish right after being thawed. They thawed beautifully and are ready for transfer.
Our embryologist came into the room to explain the process and how the blasts were being helped out of their "shell" with assisted hatching where they poke a hole for them to easily attach to Jen's uterus after the implant. As you can see one is very excited to start this party.


Overall the process was quick and exciting. Jennifer had to have a full bladder the entire time which I felt so bad for her. They then pushed on her full bladder to make the uterus flat. Poor girl! The embryologist sucked up the blasts from the dish, as we watched on the screen, into the tiniest of catheters and came back into the room ready to implant those babes. A minute later it was done. Two tiny dots lay in Jen's uterus right before our eyes. I never thought about how emotional it was going to be but it sure caught me by surprise. I had all these thoughts going through my head and tears in my eyes. What an amazing experience!
Thank you! Thank you! After all was said and done we planned to eat McDonald's french fries, supposedly the starch in them helps with implantation. Hey, we are trying anything here :)

Okay I know you are all wanting to know when we get to find out if it worked. I am a POAS (pee on a stick) aholic with my past attempts at pregnancy but I have no control now (I did bring her 6 tests just in case she wanted to test ;)) so I must wait until our beta test (over 50 is good and pregnant!) on October 28th. Cross your fingers and stay tuned to find out the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment