Sunday, October 14, 2012

Here We Go!

So last Thursday we went in to the clinic to check my uterus. According to the doc it needed to be at least 8 mm, apparently I was measuring 15+!! I guess I'm just an overachiever :-) The whole appointment was positive and everything is moving forward, we even have a scheduled transfer date of  Thusday October 18th!!

Now come the big needles, okay officially nervous! For those of you not quite sure what I'm talking about the next round of meds (progesterone oil) is the consistency of syrup that goes directly into the butt muscle. Sounds like fun, right? Well to get the muscle you need a needle a long needle (not just me, everyone! ;-) ) this needle is 1.5 inches!! And it goes all in!

Once again Brenna has volunteered to jab me in the rear with this massive needle, I'm starting to think she enjoys it. So Saturday morning she comes over before my son's soccer game, no wasting time we only have about ten minutes before we leave. I'm super nervous, but here it goes. There wasn't too much pain with the injection, but pushing the super thick meds in hurt. It felt like a charlie horse in my butt, it even gave me a limp the rest of the day! Day 2 of injections seemed to hurt less (we switched sides), but tomorrow we are going back to side 1. Not looking forward to that. I have about a week and a half to get used to it because I'm flying to Florida for a week for work.

 Here's to sticking myself in the butt!!




No comments:

Post a Comment