Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Jennifer (surrogate)

I guess it's my turn, I'm Jennifer. I am a 31 year old mother of 3 beautiful and energetic children, Jase(8), Avery(3),  and Evelyn(21 months). I have a loving husband, a great job, and a wonderful  life. And, yup, as Brenna told you earlier I'm going to be surrogate! Now I'm not the average surrogate, I don't absolutely love being pregnant (it's okay) and I haven't dreamed my whole life about doing this. About three years ago my sister and her now husband decided to start trying to add to their family. After several attempts they still didn't have any children on their own, this was when I first mentioned carrying a child for them. I never thought it would be something I would actually need to do. Over the next several years my offer was always there in the background, until May 2012. I will never forget when we got the news, Brenna had cancer. I would spend the next couple weeks reassuring Brenna that it was early stages and it was nothing major to worry about. I was wrong.

Brenna was always the type that was babysitting everyone's kids (she is even my children's nanny) and always had dreamed of having a large family. Once reality set in that she wouldn't be able to have her own children I followed with my offer of surrogacy, knowing this was it no longer just an offer but actually going to happen. My sister is my best friend and I would do anything and everything for her.

We decide to start this blog for several reasons: 1. We can't seem to find another blog where the sister is the carrier. 2. We live in Washington state where surrogacy is only legal between close friends or relatives and no money can exchange hands in the process (not that I would ever except any money from her). 3. We wanted to have a record of this entire trip.

Thank you all so much for reading and following along. This is our adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment